Working beneath the administration of Director, Regulatory Advocacy, implements and develops our worldwide regulatory harmonization initiatives on meals parts and contaminants to protect present parts and to help product innovation and progress. Analyzes the have an effect on of proposed new worldwide meals necessities and seeks options for regulatory alignment to remove obstacles to enterprise progress. Develops beverage enterprise positions on worldwide meals necessities and screens the work of worldwide organizations much like FAO, WHO, Codex Alimentarius Charge, and WTO. Further, provides steering to The Coca-Cola Agency’s worldwide Scientific & Regulatory Affairs crew and completely different agency options on current and proposed legal guidelines.
Carry out Related Actions/Key Duties
• Analyze, current advice, and help develop strategies on proposed worldwide meals necessities and potential commerce factors related to meals parts and contaminants associated to meals and drinks (e.g., Codex, WHO FAO, WTO)
• Put collectively and advocate agency positions on worldwide meals necessities to inside and exterior stakeholders
• Decide options for regulatory alignment in collaboration with the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs group and deal with such initiatives
• Current steering on regulatory factors to inside consumers and help develop progressive choices
• Info and assist in making prepared regulatory submissions on beverage parts to worldwide organizations and completely different regulatory authorities
• Deal with the distribution of data on worldwide necessities, positions, and completely different regulatory information to inside consumers as wished
• Grasp’s Diploma in toxicology, meals science, or equal required. PhD is a plus.
Related Work Experience
• 5-10 years of labor experience
• Regulatory affairs: Experience in beverage or meals enterprise in scientific and regulatory affairs or associated related self-discipline in meals enterprise, authorities or related enterprise in associated roles managing regulatory factors impacting merchandise, parts, and labeling
• Worldwide organizations: Experience in worldwide meals commonplace setting processes and reviewing and analyzing proposed necessities
• Advocacy: Understanding of the necessary factor factors and the associated regulatory and scientific proof components to help regulatory advocacy by creating positions to help innovation of parts, merchandise, or labeling.
• Elements: Understanding the technological need for meals parts and typical contaminants current in meals and their regulatory guidelines defining the permissibility and limitations of use.
• Commerce associations: Understanding of key commerce associations and worldwide regulatory protection panorama affecting meals and beverage enterprise
• Elements and Contaminants Info: Info of the supply chain, utilization and risks associated to meals parts and contaminants (e.g. naturally occurring toxicants, metals). Info of regulatory guidelines defining the permissibility and limitations of use of meals parts and unintentional presence of contaminants.
• Elements and Contaminants Regulatory Panorama: Info of the worldwide regulatory and public protection panorama developments and understanding of implications in beverage innovation and current portfolio. Understanding of customer and NGO pressures and opinion developments which usually tend to pose restrictions or options in beverage innovation and current portfolio.
• Worldwide and Supernational Authorities: Understanding how nationwide and supranational authorities (e.g., USFDA, EU, WHO, JECFA, Codex Alimentarius) have an effect on the regulatory environment
• Experience on worldwide meals necessities: Info on key worldwide meals necessities (e.g., Codex) and experience within the traditional setting processes potential for critically reviewing proposed worldwide necessities and writing suggestions in response.
• Place Development: Guaranteeing that our enterprise should not be unduly restricted by onerous insurance coverage insurance policies or legal guidelines and enabling enterprise progress. This requires an understanding of the necessary factor factors and the associated, credible science; the flexibleness to judge risk; skills in strategic pondering and planning; the flexibleness to assemble and articulate superior scientific arguments in a clear and compelling technique; and the flexibleness to companion with, collaborate with, and/or have an effect on key inside and exterior stakeholders.
• Collaboration and Influencing: Capability to companion with stakeholders (inside or exterior) to constructively type opinions and extra key targets
Our Progress Custom
Considered one of many causes our agency continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company custom that helps and rewards behaviors that lead to progress. Our “Progress Behaviors,” as we title them, are strategies of being and dealing that help to make us worthwhile. Take into accounts how one can convey this to life in your subsequent perform at Coca-Cola.
Maintain searching for, not at all settle. Staying focused on what’s exterior, and two steps ahead evokes us to drawback the established order. Having the braveness to look and leap is the easiest way we develop. On account of asking “what if?” pushes us to the next diploma as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the outcomes of taking obligation. This means giving your self permission to see it, say it and do it, and proudly proudly owning the outcomes. On account of we switch forward faster as soon as all of us take movement.
Mannequin 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are just a few in a single day successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, verify it, and make it greater. Then create the next mannequin. On account of the second we predict one factor is right, it’ll doubtless be old-fashioned.
Embody, price and perception each other. We’re wise alone nonetheless collectively we’re genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being answerable for each other. On account of, for our agency to thrive for the next 100+ years, wise isn’t enough. We wish genius.
We’re an Equal Various Employer and do not discriminate in direction of any employee or applicant for employment as a consequence of race, color, intercourse, age, nationwide origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender id and/or expression, standing as a veteran, and basis of incapacity or another federal, state or native protected class